Alaska Travel Trip
with Christy Monroe
Explore the Last Frontier! Experience the true magic of the most spectacular, unspoiled areas of this amazing wilderness. We'll travel around in our own private van from Anchorage around the Kenai Peninsula to Homer and Seward, drive to the frontier town of Talkeetna, and take the Alaska Railroad north to Denali National Park.
You don’t have to be an athletic outdoorsman to get the most out of this adventure, but we can accommodate most interests with our list of optional excursions. Destinations and optional day excursions may include: Denali National Park and Wildlife Safari (see grizzly bear, moose, caribou, etc.), scenic flights over Mt. McKinley, horseback riding in scenic Kachemak bay, hiking, Iditarod dog kennel tours, Kenai Fjords National Park Day Cruise to tidal glacier, sea kayaking, charter fishing, getting to know the locals, a short hike to Exit Glacier in Seward, and exploring downtown Anchorage.
Accommodations include shared cabins, houses, lodges, and hotels.
A non-refundable deposit of $1,900 per person is required with applications to reserve your seat. Final, non-refundable payment of approximately $1,900 per person is due by April 13, 2018. Payment arrangements and credit card payments (plus 4% fee) may be available upon special request.
Application submissions are recommended by February 17, 2017. Only 8 spots are available.
Trip Leader: Christy Monroe
Timeframe: Approximately August 1-15, 2018
(Exact dates available after group size is confirmed.)
15 Day Trip
Price Estimate: $3800 per person based on double occupancy
Historically the final cost of the trip has fallen close to this estimate, but rates may fluctuate slightly.
• Round-trip airfare: Boston to Anchorage
• Bus transportation from Portland to Boston and return via Concord Coachline
• Essential transportation in Alaska (taxi/van/train)
• Trip Planning & Preparation
• Experienced leader with local knowledge
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Travel insurance (Not included in package price. Estimated cost is $95-$250 per person.)
• Please submit a copy of an official photo id (driver license or passport) with your application.
• Must be able to: ride in a 15 passenger van with the group for extended time frames; get in and out of the van several times a day; walk comfortably on moderate terrain; climb stairs; and carry the bulk of your own luggage over sometimes uneven ground, trails and/or stairs
Aug 1 - 15th, 2018
Location info currently unavailable
For more info, call us at 207-594-9764